World Vegan Day & Month 2010
November 1st was World Vegan Day, all of November is World Vegan Month and Friends of Animals is hosting a few events to celebrate:
Sunday, November 7th
- 2:30-4:30pm, Downtown Victoria, View & Government- Vegan Feed-Out! Activists will engage passer-bys offering tasty vegan samples of common foods for people to sample and realize that you can have your cake and eat it too with veganism!
5:15pm, Green Cuisine, in Market Square, screening of Peaceable Kingdom film and short discussion will follow. Doors open at 5pm. Download Event Poster (PDF, 445kb)
- 6:45pm, Green Cuisine restaurant dine-out for World Vegan Day volunteers and participants! Please RSVP if you wish to attend so we can reserve you a seat.
Monday, November 8th
- Vegan bakesale at UVic in the Clearihue building, 10am-3pm, fundraiser for the Primarily Primates sanctuary in Texas.
Hope you can join us!
- The Victoria Vegan & Friends of Animals Victoria
World Vegan Day 2009
We had a very busy and successful day here in Victoria, BC, with three separate events organized by the local chapter of Friends of Animals to celebrate and promote World Vegan Day!
First up at 1pm was our vegan feed-out, volunteers baked delicious vegan cookies and cake, and we invited passers-by on a busy downtown street wishing people a Happy World Vegan Day, and to sample our treats, demonstrating that you can 'have your cake and eat it too', when it comes to eating good food, and not having to hurt any animals in the process as well. We were out for over 2hrs, and distributed numerous copies of FoA's Vegan Starter Guide, as well as the local newsletter we produce, the Victoria Vegan.
At 6pm we hosted a screening of Peaceable Kingdom at a local café, and 20 people turned out to view this moving documentary. Afterwards, we held a short discussion on the ideas of Donald Watson and The Vegan Society, and the empowering affect they hold, and the positive impact each of us can make.
Finally, a smaller group of us continued on to the Lotus Pond, a Buddhist vegan restaurant, and enjoyed delicious food and wonderful company to conclude World Vegan Day!
Below are a few pics from the feed-out:
- Dave Shishkoff & Victoria's Vegans
PS - don't forget to check out our special edition of The Victoria Vegan: Special Edition: World Vegan Day (2 pages, PDF, 408kb)
November 1st is World Vegan Day, and Friends of Animals is hosting three events to celebrate the day:
- 1pm, Downtown Victoria, Fort & Douglas - Vegan Feed-Out! Activists will engage passer-bys offering tasty vegan samples of common foods for people to sample and realize that you can have your cake and eat it too with veganism!
- 6pm, Solstice Cafe, 529 Pandora St, screening of Peaceable Kingdom film. Vegan treats from Solstice available, and short discussion will follow. Doors open at 5:30pm. Download Event Poster (PDF,
- 8pm, Lotus Pond restaurant dine-out for World Vegan Day volunteers and participants! Please RSVP if you wish to attend so we can reserve you a seat.
PLUS! A new issue of The Victoria Vegan - Special Edition: World Vegan Day (2 pages, PDF, 408kb).
Happy World Vegan Day!