Friends of Animals
(Last Updated Sept/2012.
Contact us to make suggestions.)
Lotsa great places for vegans to shop, from restaurants to clothing to food and stuff around the house.
If we're missing any vegan-friendly shops or restaurants, let us know!
Also check out Sarah Kramer's Downtown Vegan Guide!
Vegan Restaurants & Shops
Green Cuisine - #5-560 Johnson St (Market Square) - 250-385-1809 – www.GreenCuisine.com – all-vegan, buffet-style restaurant with fabulous desserts
- Sarah's Place - #106 - 560 Johnson St (Market Square, just in from the main green gates) - 250-590-7946 - www.govegan.net - Sarah Kramer's vegan curio shop! Lot's of neat trinkets, odds'n'ends, clothing, Sarah's cookbooks (as well as books from FoA!) and delicious vegan goodies.
- NEW! Tender Heart Truffles - www.facebook.com/TenderHeartTruffles - local-made organic, fair-trade and all-vegan truffles! Can be found around town, or custom gift orders.
- Vshoen Boutique - 620 Broughton St. - 250-590-SHOE - www.vshoen.com - Victoria's first vegan shoe store (and more!) Opened in August, please be sure to give them a visit!
The Blue Nile - 612 Head St (Esquimalt) - 250-475-6453 - BlueNileRestaurantVictoria.com - East African buffet, most dishes are vegan
- Cafe Bliss - 556 Pandora Ave - 250-590-5733
- www.CafeBliss.ca - raw, mostly vegan, be wary of bee products!
- Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria - 128-560 Johnson (Market Square)- 250-590-2648 - www.famoso.ca/locations/victoria_market_square.php - vegan friendly, they have Daiya cheese!
- Futaba Japanese Restaurant - 1420 Quadra St - 250-381-6141 - Futaba.ca - very vegan-friendly and helpful, and use brown rice
The Joint – 1219 Wharf St - 250-389-2226 – www.EatAtTheJoint.com - pizza shop with Daiya vegan cheese, as well as piles of Yves veggie toppings
Mo:Le - 544 Pandora Ave - 250-385-6653 - www.MoLeRestaurant.ca - a good selection of vegan and rawfood dishes
- ReBar – 50 Bastion Square - 250-361-9223 –www.RebarModernFood.com - a small selection of vegan fine-dining options
Groceries Frequented by Vegans
Ingredients Health Food Store & Apple Cafe - 2031 Store St - 250-590-6177 - www.IngredientsHealthFood.com/ - Opened late 2012, very vegan-friendly, huge organic bulk section, lots of fresh vegan (gluten-free too) items at the Cafe.
Jubilee I.D.A. - 1775 Fort St - 250-595 1471 - huge selection of health food items, often at discounted prices! (Note: only at this I.D.A.!)
Lifestyle Markets - 295o Douglas St & 343 Cook St - 250-384-3388 (Douglas St) - www.LifeStyleMarkets.com - wide selection of grocery and healthfood items
- NEW! Mother Nature's Market & Deli - 240 Cook St - 250-590-7390 - www.mothernaturesbc.ca - Newest health food store, much larger on the inside than it looks, big selection of goods.
- Planet Organic - 3995 Quadra St - 250-727-9888 - www.PlanetOrganic.ca - wide selection of grocery and healthfood items
Seed of Life – 1316 Government St – 250-382-4343 - NOTE: Friends of Animals is maintaining a boycott of Seed of Life for contributing to the east coast seal slaughter by selling seal oil capsules, read more here: http://blog.thevictoriavegan.com/2011/04/for-seal-friendly-victoria-boycott-seed.html
Fiber Options Naturals - 577 Johnson St - 250 721 3263 - www.ecoeverything.com - wide selection of natural products.
Free Sprit Botanicals - 549 Johnson St - 250-382-1003 - www.FreeSpiritBotanicals.com - soy wax candles, essential oils, soaps and more
Hemp & Co - 1102 Government St - 250-383.4367 - www.HempAndCompany.com - hemp clothing & more!
The Good Planet Co. - 764 Fort St - 250-590-3500 - www.TheGoodPlanet.com - organic cotton bedding, clothing, and more
Lady Marmalade - 608 Johnson St - 250-381-2872 - www.ladymarmalade.ca - All-day breakfast, very popular tofu scramble!
Lush - 1001 Government St - 250-384-5874 - ca.Lush.com - body and bath, all vegan products labeled!
The Soap Exchange – 1393 Hillside Ave - 250-475-0033 – www.VictoriaSoapExchange.com - vegan cleaning products, and in reusable, refillable containers
Tattoo Zoo - 1215 Wharf St - 250-361-1952 - www.TattooZoo.net - vegan owned, and the only shop in town with vegan inks!
- The Community Farm Store and Corfield Cafe - 330 Duncan St, Duncan - 250-748-6227, cafe: 250-748-6223 - whole food grocery, organic bakery and cafe, Duncan's only all vegetarian cafe with vegan options available.
- NEW! La Vida Vegan - Various Locations, Parksville - www.VidaVegan.ca - It's a vegan, mobile food cart! Check their schedule for locations during the week, or book for your own event!