Friends of Animals
(Last Updated February/2014.
Contact us to make suggestions.)
Lotsa great places for vegans to shop, from restaurants to clothing to food and stuff around the house.
If we're missing any vegan-friendly shops or restaurants, let us know!
Also check out Sarah Kramer's Downtown Vegan Guide!
Vegan Restaurants & Shops
Green Cuisine - #5-560 Johnson St (Market Square) - 250-385-1809 – www.GreenCuisine.com – all-vegan, buffet-style restaurant with fabulous desserts.
- Pure Lovin' Chocolates - 250-508-1498 - www.PureLovinChocolate.com- local, organic, vegan and fair-trade chocolate - can you say 'vegan Crunchie bar'?
- COMING IN MARCH: Rawthentic Eatery Victoria 108-4440 West Saanich Rd (Royal Oak Shopping Centre) - www.veganrawfoodrestaurant.com - raw food restaurant, those from up-island will be familiar, see below!
- Tender Heart Truffles - www.facebook.com/TenderHeartTruffles - local-made organic, fair-trade and all-vegan truffles! Can be found around town, or custom gift orders.
- Sarah's Place - online only: www.GoVegan.net - Sarah Kramer's vegan curio shop! Lot's of neat trinkets, odds'n'ends, clothing, Sarah's cookbooks (as well as books from FoA!) and delicious vegan goodies.
- NEW! Be Love - 1019 Blanshard St - 778-433-7181 - www.BeLoveRestaurant.ca - A mostly vegan restaurant, upscale bistro, wide range dishes including raw and seasonal, watch out for honey!
- The Blue Nile - 612 Head St (Esquimalt) - 250-475-6453 - www.BlueNileRestaurantVictoria.com - East African buffet, most dishes are vegan.
- Cabin 12 - 3111 Cedar Hill Rd - www.Cabin12.ca - Burgers, fries, and vegan poutine! Most items can be made vegan, in this vegan-friendly restaurant.
- Cafe Bliss - 556 Pandora Ave - 250-590-5733
- www.CafeBliss.ca - raw, mostly vegan, be wary of bee products!
- Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria - 128-560 Johnson (Market Square)- 250-590-2648 - www.famoso.ca/locations/victoria_market_square.php - vegan friendly, they have Daiya cheese!
- Futaba Japanese Restaurant - 1420 Quadra St - 250-381-6141 - www.Futaba.ca - very vegan-friendly and helpful, and use brown rice.
The Joint – 1219 Wharf St - 250-389-2226 – www.EatAtTheJoint.com - pizza shop with Daiya vegan cheese, as well as piles of Yves veggie toppings.
Mo:Le - 544 Pandora Ave - 250-385-6653 - www.MoLeRestaurant.ca - a good selection of vegan and rawfood dishes.
Ohh La La Cupcakes - Four locations: Victoria (1391A Hillside, 250-385-0707), Sidney (#6-2042 Mills Rd W, 250-656-0706), West Shore (713A Gold Stream Ave, 250-478-0704), Downtoan (#4-619 Broughton St, 250-590-8019) - www.OohLaLaCupcakes.ca - vegan cupcakes at all locations, more available on order.
- ReBar – 50 Bastion Square - 250-361-9223 –www.RebarModernFood.com - a small selection of vegan fine-dining options.
Groceries Frequented by Vegans
Ingredients Health Food Store & Apple Cafe - 2031 Store St - 250-590-6177 - www.IngredientsHealthFood.com - Opened late 2012, very vegan-friendly, huge organic bulk section, lots of fresh vegan (gluten-free too) items at the Cafe.
Jubilee Pharmacy - 1775 Fort St & 851 Johnson St -www.JubileePharmacy.ca - 250-595 1471 - huge selection of health food items, often at discounted prices!
Lifestyle Markets - 295o Douglas St & 343 Cook St - 250-384-3388 (Douglas St) - www.LifeStyleMarkets.com - wide selection of grocery and healthfood items
- Mother Nature's Market & Deli - 240 Cook St - 250-590-7390 - www.MotherNaturesBC.ca - Newest health food store, much larger on the inside than it looks, big selection of goods.
- Planet Organic - 3995 Quadra St - 250-727-9888 - www.PlanetOrganic.ca - wide selection of grocery and healthfood items
Seed of Life – 1316 Government St – 250-708-3333 - Healthfood store downtown, lots of organic and a great bulk section! UPDATE: Friends of Animals has ended our boycott! Peter, the new manager (as of December, 2013) has stopped selling seal oil capsules! Read more here: http://blog.thevictoriavegan.com/2011/04/for-seal-friendly-victoria-boycott-seed.html
Fiber Options Naturals - 577 Johnson St - 250 721 3263 - www.EcoEverything.com - wide selection of natural products.
Free Sprit Botanicals - 549 Johnson St - 250-382-1003 - www.FreeSpiritBotanicals.com - soy wax candles, essential oils, soaps and more
Hemp & Co - 1102 Government St - 250-383.4367 - www.HempAndCompany.com - hemp clothing & more!
The Good Planet Co. - 764 Fort St - 250-590-3500 - www.TheGoodPlanet.com - organic cotton bedding, clothing, and more
Lady Marmalade - 608 Johnson St - 250-381-2872 - www.LadyMarmalade.ca - All-day breakfast, very popular tofu scramble!
Lush - 1001 Government St - 250-384-5874 - ca.Lush.com - body and bath, all vegan products labeled!
The Soap Exchange – 1393 Hillside Ave - 250-475-0033 – www.VictoriaSoapExchange.com - vegan cleaning products, and in reusable, refillable containers
Tattoo Zoo - 1215 Wharf St - 250-361-1952 - www.TattooZoo.net - vegan owned, and the only shop in town with vegan inks!
- The Community Farm Store and Corfield Cafe - 330 Duncan St, Duncan - 250-748-6227, cafe: 250-748-6223 - whole food grocery, organic bakery and cafe, Duncan's only all vegetarian cafe with vegan options available.
- UPDATED: La Vida Vegan - 124 Middleton Ave, Parksville - www.VidaVegan.ca - It's now a restaurant, as well a vegan, mobile food cart! Check their schedule for locations during the week, or book for your own event!
- Powerhouse Living Foods Co - Two locations in Nanaimo - Commercial: 250-591-7873 / Metral: 250-933-3733 - www.PowerhouseLiving.ca - all-vegan, raw dishes, quick and delicious!
- NEW! Rawthentic Eatery - Two locations in Qualicum Beach and Courtenay - Qualicum: 250-594-7298 / Courtnay: 250-338-0571 - www.veganrawfoodrestaurant.com - all-vegan, raw dishes, see upcoming Victoria location.