Fur-Free Downtown Dash 2011,
Saturday, November 26th, 2pm SHARP! $5 Entry Fee
(Page Last Updated Nov 25/2011.)
The Fur-Free Downtown Dash is a fun, activist event inspired by scavenger hunts, orienteering and alley-cat races (fun point-to-point urban races on bicycles, often requiring a task to be performed at each check-point.) This event was inspired by participants of our 2011 Save-A-Turkey Trot who were eager to do more active events!
This 'race' will begin and conclude at Green Cuisine in Market Square, where participants will be given instructions and their event sheet (listing locations, tasks, etc). There will be a 1 hour time limit, but shouldn't take that long even for casual walkers, and will remain in the downtown area.
The theme of the event is fur, and tasks will be related to this. It's a good-natured event, and we're not asking anyone to throw paint or anything like that, but there are some elements of peaceful activism that will be involved!
We recommend you bring along:
- a clipboard and pen or pencil
- something to draw and color with; pencil crayons or markers
- a map of downtown Victoria if you're unfamiliar (all stops are on main streets/locations)
- water - keep hydrated!
- dress for the weather
- $5 entry fee!
Some rules include:
- You may race as an Individual or Team. Cost is $5 per person, and a Team must stick together as a team (no splitting up to do tasks!)
- No bikes, in-line skates, Segways, etc...
- Points will be awarded for each task completed, and bonus points will be awarded to the Top 3 Individual and Teams to return.
There will be prizes, and cake for all at the conclusion of the event. =)
Please RSVP for the event:
- If you're on Facebook, please RSVP with our event page here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=276401265736282
- If you're not on Facebook, please send us a note through the contact page to confirm your participation.
Thank you to our event supporters and sponsors:
- Sarah's Place, vegan boutique in Market Square
- Vshoen, vegan shoe store
- Furbearer Defenders, animal advocates in Vancouver
- OrganicAthlete Victoria
- And, of course, The Victoria Vegan and Friends of Animals
All will be explained at the event, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. See you there!
Friends of Animals